Pages

Friday 10 October 2014

Friday Favourites #1

Hello again! I thought I would end this week with a few favourites that have saved me this week while I have been away in the wilderness that is Centre Parcs. Without further or do I will jump straight in with my first absolute life saver of the week. 




Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast Lip Balm
Although it has not been the coldest of Octobers i have found that my skin and in particular my lips have started to get extremely dry. I'm not sure if it's the weather or the excessive amount of chlorine that I have been in contact with (for any of you who have ever been to Centre Parcs you will know you spend a hell of a lot of time in the water). I brought the Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast lip balm a couple of weeks ago but I completely forgot about it until I was packing to leave on Monday. I threw it in my vanity case and I could not be more glad, not only is the scent just delightful but it kept my lips nourished for hours without feeling too waxy or coated. 

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
As everyone knows this is an absolute cult classic in the beauty world. Everyone loves the stuff from make-up artists to mothers and I am no different. I am never ever without mine, to the point that I don't know what I did before it. I am a great believer that it really does heal in eight hours and it didn't let me down. Any scrape or graze I got from my awful bike riding experiences and rapid run ins the eight hour cream was straight out! I was even putting it in the ends of my hair to help out with the chlorine abuse, it is the best multipurpose product ever. 

Montagne Jeunesse Ultra Deep Cleansing Masque  
While I had a very active week away there was also quite a lot of time for relaxing and I cannot think of anything better than a face mask, a glass of prosecco and my onesie! My face mask of choice this week was the Montagne Jeunesse Ultra Deep Cleansing Masque. When I first applied it to my face I wasn't sure about it, it felt quite drying but I thought I would give it a chance. I am very glad I did, when I took it off my skin although it felt slightly dry, felt and looked so much better than it did before the mask. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 22
As I said this was quite an active holiday and I am not normally one for anything very active at all, I'm more of a lounge around and eat until I can eat no more kind of girl. So as you can imagine by the time we got back to our lodge I was exhausted and starving, the last thing I wanted to do was spend hours applying my make-up before we went out but I still wanted to look like I'd made some sort of effort. Most nights I found myself reaching for my trusty Kate Moss red lipstick in shade 22 and it instantly made me feel glamorous without all the effort. What's not to love about that?! 

Lush Dream Cream 
Last but certainly not least I couldn't finish this blog post without a mention of the miracle cream that is Dream Cream. I cannot say enough good things about this stuff as you can tell from my last blog post but I have to say it did not disappoint me this week at all. I would slather it on in the morning, after I had been in the pool, after I had been for a bike ride, when I got out of the shower, before bed, pretty much every chance I got. I kept my skin from getting in some pretty bad states. 

What have been your Friday Favourites? 

Yasmin xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. I used raspberry lemonade blistex all the way through summer, and I'm devastated you just reminded me I'd bought it and left it in spain! Tastes so nice. Elizabeth Arden right hour is such a great staple item, too.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get a new one for the winter months!! I don't know what I would do without mine! You can't go wrong with the eight hour cream for your lips though.

      Yasmin xoxo

      Delete